1. Take Soil Test for ph levels (5.5 - 6.5 ph)
(The soil test needs to be done approx. 4 months prior to planting)
2. Applying Lime
(If using Ag Lime spread Approx. 3 months prior to planting or for Pelletized Lime 1-2 months)
3. Disk Lime into Soil with PM
This will get the lime deep into the soil
4. Mow Plot
(Approx. 1 month prior to planting)
5. Spray Plot with Round-Up, rate of 2 quarts per acre
(Spray 1 week after mowing / 3 weeks prior to planting to kill any new growth).
Note: Let vegetation die and become brittle before planting
6. Apply Fertilizer, just before planting, with Spreader
A front end spreader can be used an fertilizer cut in at the same time as planting with the PM
This can also be done with a pull behind atv spreader then cut in as you plant
7. One-Pass Planting with PM (Disc, Seed, Cover, and Cultipack).
Note: Do not plant until sufficient moisture in plot.
This plot was planted using the "7 Step Process" and was a "One Pass" plant.
Posted on 9/22/2015 at 4:22:00 AM